Dupaco Community Credit Union Celebrates Completion of Newest Learning Lab
April 7, 2022
GRIMES, Iowa – Finishing touches have been completed at Dupaco Community Credit Union’s newest branch, a Learning Lab, located at 1701 E. First Street at the intersection of Highway 141 and East First Street in Grimes. Dupaco celebrated the completion of the newly finished branch with a Grimes Chamber of Commerce led ribbon cutting on Wednesday, April 6.
Dupaco’s Learning Lab branch features a fresh open concept and technology that underpins the credit union’s mission to improve each member’s financial position. Touchscreen technology in the lobby provides members an opportunity to learn more about topics like credit score and home buying options in a game-like atmosphere, while in-branch staff are available to coach members, providing one-on-one personalized financial service and advice. There are 9 employees who are currently occupying the space full-time.
The unique 10,107 square foot branch focuses on improving ways in which credit union staff help members understand money. Efficiently using floor space, this branch will serve as a laboratory to:
- Explore and test new ways of helping members understand money and improve their financial positions;
- Teach members how to control their money through hands-on demonstrations of Dupaco desktop and mobile deposit services;
- Deploy and test emerging technologies that shift staff time and resources from traditional transactional duties to more in-depth member interactions; and,
- Test future member-centric branch designs and concepts through a flexible layout.
The branch features a service delivery technology called interactive video teller, which allows live tellers to conduct real-time, face-to-face transactions from a distance. Dupaco employees located at a central location remotely operate the lobby and drive-through video teller machines.
The new video teller technology is intended to boost the credit union’s mission to improve each member’s financial position, according to Dupaco AVP Branch Manager, Eric Gilmour.
“Video tellers allow our on-site branch employees to spend more time with members having deeper conversations about money, advice, and services,” he said. “We also expect the video tellers to increase future opportunities for member convenience—to serve more members, in more places, with expanded hours of service.”
In addition to the video teller technology, Dupaco’s newest branch features:
- Interactive laboratory tables for small group discussions and offices;
- Built-in electronic wall displays to aid in consultations about money; and
- Signage and lighting which use LED illumination to conserve energy and reduce electricity costs by more than 35% annually.
The phone number for the Learning Lab is 515-320-7108. Branch hours are:
Mon-Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Mon-Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sat: 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Sat: 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Sun: Closed Sun: ATM only