The Iowa Credit Union League is the non-profit trade association representing the interests of Iowa’s state and federally chartered credit unions and their more than 1.3 million members. ICUL provides the following services to Iowa’s credit union industry:
- Advocacy—ICUL lobbyists hike the hill each year to speak with legislators in Iowa and Washington D.C. about the importance of credit unions and to discuss different issues affecting the industry. The legislative department also coordinates fundraisers for the Credit Union Political Action Committee (CUPAC) and manages and organizes grassroots involvement programs.
- Regulatory Compliance—Iowa credit unions are heavily regulated by the National Credit Union Administration and the Iowa Division of Credit Unions. In partnership with ViClarity, ICUL offers support and expertise to credit unions to help them understand and comply with these regulations. In addition, the regulatory department offers fee-based professional audit products that include 24/7 Compliance Support, Lending Audit Services, BSA Independent Tests, Regulatory Training and Website Compliance Audits.
- Professional Development—ICUL holds numerous professional development seminars for Iowa credit unions each year. This includes the Iowa Credit Union Convention, ICUL’s largest event of the year.
- Management Consultation—Experienced management consultants work with individual credit unions to help identify goals, challenges, and prepare for the future. The consultants have a strong credit union background, provide educated advice and personalized service.
- Communications & Marketing—The communications team works to increase awareness about credit unions through media outreach efforts, social media and the member engagement plan.
Learn more about our operating companies and strategic partnerships.
Find us on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/IowaCreditUnions and on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/ICUL.