Iowa Credit Union Convention
That's a wrap! Thank you for attending the 2018 Iowa Credit Union Convention!
If you weren't able to attend this year's Convention, below are some of the highlights. Check back - we are still sorting through thousands of photos to share!
Speaker Presentations and Handouts - click here to access presentations and handouts from our keynote and breakout presenters.
Speaker Photos - click here
Award Winners - each year ICUL presents several awards at the Annual Meeting. The following individuals were honored at this year's event:
- Nancy Tekippe, Dupaco Community Credit Union - Cooperative Spirit Professional Award
- Gaylen Witzel, Veridian Credit Union - Cooperative Spirit Volunteer Award
- Stephen Chapman, Dupaco Community Credit Union - Cooperative Spirit Volunteer Award
- Jean Trainor, Veridian Credit Union - Heritage Award
- Brent Helin, Des Moines Metro Credit Union - Heritage Award
- Emily Hacker, Veridian Credit Union - Young Professional Award
- Jessica Schindel, Community 1st Credit Union - Young Professional Award
Award Winner Photos - click here
Opening Reception - thank you to all who attended Opening Reception with entertainment from The White Keys! Thank you to our sponsors, CUNA Mutual Group, NCB and entertainment sponsor, CO-OP Financial Services.
Opening Reception Photos - click here
CRASH Bash - did you join us for the after-party at the Backpocket Brewery? Thank you to our Crashers for throwing an awesome party! Also, thank you to CO-OP Financial Services for sponsoring this fun event.
Hack for CUPAC - the weather did rain on our parade, or in our efforts to raise money for CUPAC. Golfers were able to complete 5-6 holes before the rain started, but we enjoyed our time at Finkbine Golf Course.
Hack for CUPAC Photos - click here
Annual Meeting - In case you missed it, check out this year's annual meeting video!
At the meeting, the 2018-2019 ICUL Board of Directors were sworn in. They are:
- Dave Cale, Financial Plus Credit Union
- Tim Chapman, Members Community Credit Union
- Matt Dodds, Dupaco Community Credit Union
- Brent Helin, Des Moines Metro Credit Union
- Brad Mertens, Metco Credit Union
- Dale Owen, Ascentra Credit Union
- Helen Pearce, Cedar Falls Community Credit Union
- Mark Peters, Employees Credit Union
- Denny Siemers, Town and Country Credit Union
- Jami Weems, Serve Credit Union
- Scott Zahnle, Greater Iowa Credit Union
Annual Meeting Photos - click here
Trade Show - we had a great turnout at this year's trade show! Thank you for those who took advantage of the new headshot booth sponsored by CU Direct and Catch21, the massage chairs sponsored by NCB, and visiting with our wonderful exhibitors.
Trade Show Photos - click here
Iowa Credit Union Foundation Benefit Night - With your generosity, ICUF was able to raise $71,000 at this year's Benefit Night. Thank you to the more than 270 attendees and our generous sponsors, who helped us achieve a record-breaking sponsorship level of $29,000!
Congratulations to the ICUF Community Impact Award Winners honored during Benefit Night:
- Alanna Davison, North Iowa Community Credit Union
- Tom Chalstrom, First Federal Credit Union
- Josh Cook, Community Choice Credit Union
- Dupaco Community Credit Union
Also, thank you to those of you who honored friends and colleagues through the Friend of the Foundation Campaign! This campaign raised nearly $4,000 in support of ICUF's mission to empower people and communities to achieve financial well-being.
Iowa Credit Union Foundation Benefit Night Photos - click here
Iowa Innovation Group - The Iowa Innovation Group participants worked in small groups to create new, innovative ideas and concepts that have the potential to be implemented for the benefit of the credit union system. Thank you to the 2018 IIG participants for their time commitment, team work and professionalism that led to some outstanding ideas and innovation. Click here for photos.
CRASH Iowa - we had a great group of Crashers this year! Facilitated by Andy Janning, the Crashers had an experience to remember. Click here for photos.
Sponsors - special thanks to the following sponsors of the Iowa Credit Union Convention!
Thank you for another great Convention! Please mark your calendars for the 2019 Iowa Credit Union Convention to be held in Des Moines, September 18-20, 2019.