Veridian Credit Union Members Elect Five Directors to Board
WATERLOO, Iowa (August 31, 2020): Veridian Credit Union members have elected five directors to its 15-seat board. Members voted online from July 23 through Aug. 21, and election results were announced at Veridian’s 86th Annual Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 25, the first virtual Annual Meeting in the credit union’s history.
“As a member-owned cooperative, Veridian members have a voice in electing directors to their credit union’s board,” said Veridian President and CEO Renee Christoffer. “This helps ensure decisions at the highest level are made with our members’ interests in mind. Directors serve as unpaid volunteers, and we’re grateful for their service.”
Directors serve three-year terms as unpaid volunteers on Veridian’s board to oversee strategic planning and general policy setting. Board members elected at the 2020 Annual Meeting include:
- Justine Peebles of Ankeny, Iowa
- Ginger Shirley of Waterloo, Iowa
- Creston L. Van Wey of Dewar, Iowa
- Aubrey Ward of Waukee, Iowa
- Gaylen D. Witzel of Cedar Falls, Iowa
Veridian’s board also assigned directors to its executive committee. Assignments include:
- Chair: Nick Waters of Johnston, Iowa
- Treasurer: Cynthia Buettner of Bellevue, Nebraska
- First Vice Chair: Creston L. Van Wey of Dewar, Iowa
- Second Vice Chair: James Kacher of Waterloo, Iowa
- Secretary: Justine Peebles of Ankeny, Iowa
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services and employees more than 900 people throughout 30 branches in Iowa and eastern Nebraska. For more information, visit veridiancu.org or call 800-235-3228.