UICCU 2019 Scholarship Recipients
University of Iowa Community Credit Union is proud to announce the recipients of the 2019 UICCU Give & Grow Scholarship Program. The program emphasizes the importance of giving back to our communities through volunteer hours and contributions to non-profit organizations. UICCU has awarded a $1,000 college scholarship to each of the six recipients. In addition, UICCU will donate $1,000 to the charity of the scholarship winner’s choice. The recipients are:
- Gautham Ajith is the son of Brindha and Ajith Anand. He attends Waukee High School in Waukee. Gautham will attend Iowa State University and the charity he chose is Meals from the Heartland.
- Phoebe Chapnick-Sorokin is the daughter of Claire Chapnick and Gerald Sorokin. She attends City High School in Iowa City. Phoebe will attend Northwestern University and the charity she chose is the Domestic Violence Intervention Program.
- Taylor Comstock is the daughter of Jacque and Luke Meierotto. She attends Linn-Mar High School in Marion. Taylor will attend The University of Iowa and the charity she chose is the Children’s Cancer Connection.
- Jacob Heit is the son of Steve and Ramona Heit. He attends Benton High School in Van Horne. Jacob will attend The University of Iowa and the charity he chose is the Benton Community Boy’s Golf Foundation.
- Lauren Pearson is the daughter of Scott and Amy Pearson. She attends Central High School in Davenport. Lauren will attend The University of Iowa and the charity she chose is the Riverbend Food Bank.
- Marika Yang is the daughter of Al & Cindy Yang. She attends Cedar Falls High School in Cedar Falls. Marika is undecided on the school she will be attending. The charity she chose is Inclusion Connection.
“Our commitment to the communities we serve is consistent with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” according to UICCU President/CEO Jeff Disterhoft. “UICCU is pleased to offer this scholarship program to college applicants, while at the same time honoring the winners by donating to a charity they are passionate about.”