Affiliates Management Company, the wholly owned holding company of the Iowa Credit Union League and its operating companies, is seeking an Accounting Specialist II to assist with a variety of department activities. Qualified candidates will possess a diagnostic mindset, be methodical with an eye for detail and have proven problem solving abilities. If you’re a true team player and are willing to roll up your sleeves and dive into a variety of challenging projects and tasks, we’d like to speak with you.
- Perform payables and/or receivable duties including general ledger coding, processing invoices and payments, and posting to customer accounts.
- Provide timely and accurate processing to ensure quality standards are met with accounts payable payments and accounts receivable billing.
- Perform daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual accounting activities including reconciliations of bank and credit card accounts.
- Abide by all tax and federal regulations.
- Develop new methods for improving operational accounting activities and staff efficiency.
- 4-year accounting degree or equivalent work experience (4+ years).
- 2-3 years of accounting experience preferably in accounts payable.
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles, including GAAP.
- Strong computer skills, especially with Microsoft Excel.
- General ledger experience, especially with Great Plains accounting software, strongly preferred.
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills – must be able to approach problems in a quantitative manner.
- Strong time management skills, able to juggle between multiple projects and deliver quality work on time.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be a team player who is willing to help and fill in as required.
- Competitive salary
- Excellent 401(k) program with generous company match.
- Engaging culture with values of: people matter, collaborate for results, take an ownership perspective and embrace change.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunities that AMC provides, please apply!
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.