2018 Election Toolkit
Election Day is near, and it's important credit union members exercise their right to vote. This toolkit gives credit union advocates a convenient resource to engage in the democratic process.
- Credit Union Allies: Click here to learn which candidates are supportive of credit unions and make informed decisions on election day.
- Social Media Tools: Click here to access a library of social media images to share prior to the election to educate credit union members about the importance of getting out to vote.
- Find Candidates in Your Community: Enter your address below to identify your elected officials and candidates in the upcoming elections. Use the information provided on each candidate, including contact information and calendar of upcoming local events, to exchange perspectives on the value of cooperatively-owned financial services for consumers and our local economies.
- Talking Points: Click here to access talking points that you can use to discuss the importance of cooperatively-owned credit unions in the marketplace with candidates in your community.
- Contribute: It’s critical to have elected officials at the state and federal level who understand the unique role Iowa's credit unions play in our communities. The Iowa Credit Union League’s Credit Union Political Action Committee (CUPAC) works to raise funds through personal contributions to provide bipartisan support to state legislative candidates who support credit unions. Click here if you are interested in making a personal contribution.