Dupaco Community Credit Union Celebrates Completion of Expanded Branch
PLATTEVILLE, WI – Finishing touches have been completed at Dupaco Community Credit Union’s expanded and remodeled branch in Platteville. Dupaco celebrated the completion of the newly finished branch with a Chamber led ribbon cutting on Wednesday, July 21.
Dupaco’s newest Learning Lab branch features a fresh open concept and technology that underpins the credit union’s mission to improve each member’s financial position. Touchscreen technology in the lobby provides members an opportunity to learn more about topics like credit score and home buying options in a game-like atmosphere, while in-branch staff are available to coach members, providing one-on-one personalized financial service and advice. There are 15 employees who are currently occupying the space full-time.
The unique Platteville branch, which added over 3,600 square feet during the renovation process for a total of 7,624 square feet, focuses on improving ways in which credit union staff help members understand money. Efficiently using floor space, this branch will serve as a laboratory to:
- Explore and test new ways of helping members understand money and improve their financial positions;
- Teach members how to control their money through hands-on demonstrations of Dupaco desktop, tablet and mobile deposit services, and more;
- Deploy and test emerging technologies that shift staff time and resources from traditional transactional duties to more in-depth member interactions; and
- Test future member-centric branch designs and concepts through a flexible layout.
The branch features a service delivery technology called interactive video teller, which allows live tellers to conduct real-time, face-to-face transactions from a distance. Dupaco employees located at a central location in Dubuque remotely will operate the Platteville lobby and drive-through video teller machines.
The new video teller technology is intended to boost the credit union’s mission to improve each member’s financial position, according to Dupaco AVP, Branch Manager Jo Roling.
“Video tellers will give members more access to Dupaco branch employees in order to have deeper conversations about money, products, and services,” she said. “We also expect the video tellers to increase future opportunities for member convenience—to serve more members, in more places, with expanded hours of service.”
In addition to the video teller technology, Dupaco’s newest branch features:
- Interactive laboratory tables for small group discussions and offices;
- Built-in electronic wall displays to aid in consultations about money; and
- Signage and lighting which use LED illumination to conserve energy and reduce electricity costs by more than 35% annually.
The Platteville Dupaco branch is located at 1100 E Business Hwy. 151 and phone number is 608-348-4499. Branch hours are:
Mon-Thurs: 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Mon-Thurs: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Fri: 8:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. Fri: 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Sat: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Sun: Closed Sun: ATM only
ABOUT DUPACO COMMUNITY CREDIT UNION:
Dupaco Community Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned financial cooperative. It is dedicated to the financial sustainability of its members, and specializes in customized financial counseling, money advice and education. It offers savings, loans, investments, insurance and wealth management products for individuals and businesses. Dupaco serves residents in 108 counties throughout Iowa, northwest Illinois and southwest Wisconsin. Chartered in 1948, membership totals more than 141,000 with assets exceeding $2.6 billion. Visit Dupaco at www.dupaco.com.