Serve Credit Union Celebrates Teacher Appreciation Week, Firefighter Appreciation Day and National Correctional Officer's Week!
Serve Credit Union, a financial cooperative that serves those who serve the community, plans to give back to firefighters, correctional officers and teachers this week to help celebrate Firefighter Appreciation Day, National Correctional Officers Week and Teacher Appreciation Week/Day.
Starting Monday, Serve staff members will travel around the Des Moines Metro to say thank you to public service members. Police officers, first responders, firefighters, correctional officers, teachers and other public servants like USDA employees are the base of Serve’s membership and the credit union continuously looks for ways to thank them for their service to the communities they serve.
The week of May 3rd-7th celebrates three of these groups, and Serve employees have planned activities all week.
“We are thrilled to venture out to our local communities and show appreciation for those that have dedicated their lives to public service,” said Jami Weems, CEO of Serve. “Serve Credit Union is committed to serving those who serve our community, and this week allows us to celebrate the fantastic service these tireless public services provide to Iowans every single day.”
Activities for the week include:
Firefighter Appreciation Day (May 4th)
- Serve staff mailed handwritten cards to 30+ fire stations in the Des Moines Metro wishing them a Happy Firefighter Appreciation Day.
- Due to COVID-19, the Serve team pivoted from their usual treat drop-offs and instead, asked firefighters to respond to the card with permission to visit the station in-person. Firefighters who respond will get a basket of individually packaged treats & items to their station.
National Correctional Officers Week (May 3rd-7th)
- Donut drop-off on May 6th at the Polk County Jail to feed 175 employees.
- Serve will stay briefly to thank them for their service to the community.
Teacher Appreciation Week/Day (May 3rd-7th, Day is May 4th)
- Serve partnered with Grounds for Celebration to provide one free coffee to teachers over the course of the week.
- Serve staff wrote over 50 cards to Moore Elementary School teachers.
- The Teacher Appreciation Committee for Moore Elementary School did an ask from local businesses to show support for their school.