DuTrac Community Credit Union Announces 2020 Scholarship Winners
DUBUQUE, IOWA – Seven 2020 graduates of Dubuque and Quad City area high schools were awarded scholarships by DuTrac Community Credit Union’s 2020 Academic Scholarship Program.
Recipients of the $1000 scholarships were:
- Paige Durant, daughter of Kathy & Dale Durant, is a graduate of North Scott High School (Eldridge, IA). Durant plans to attend University of Kansas, to pursue a major in Nursing.
- Taylor Bahnsen, daughter of Carrie Bahnsen & Todd Elvidge, is a graduate of Midland High School (Wyoming, IA). Bahnsen plans to attend Coe College to pursue a major in Nursing.
- Jack Kolker, son of Kelly & Lee Kolker, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Dubuque, IA). Kolker plans to attend Iowa State University and pursue a major in Aerospace Engineering.
Recipients of the $500 scholarships were:
- Isabella Duccini, daughter of Elizabeth & Nathan Duccini, is a graduate of Senior High School (Dubuque, IA). Duccini plans to attend University of Northern Iowa to pursue a major in Art Education.
- Anna Fassbinder, daughter of Kelly Jo & Mark Fassbinder, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Dubuque, IA). Fassbinder plans to attend University of Wisconsin-Platteville to pursue a major in Biology/Zoology.
- Blake Hohmann, son of Nancy & Keith Hohmann, is a graduate of Hempstead High School (Dubuque, IA). Hohmann plans to attend The University of Iowa to pursue a major in Computer Science.
- Aliyah Weber, daughter of Ken & Melissa Weber, is a graduate of Cascade High School (Cascade, IA). Weber plans to attend University of Northern Iowa to pursue a major in Graphic Design with a minor in Marketing.
In addition, two DuTrac Community Credit Union members, were selected amongst 350 applicants for Iowa Credit Union Foundation’s Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship.
DuTrac recipients of the Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship were:
- Emma Johnson, daughter of Heather Johnson, is attending Central College (Pella, IA), was awarded one of four post high school scholarships of $2,000.
- Adrianne Supple, daughter of Kristine & Scott Supple, is attending Allen College (Waterloo, IA), was awarded one of four post high school scholarships of $2,000.
“Education has long been a tenet of credit unions. The purpose of these scholarships was to recognize members of DuTrac Community Credit Union who have demonstrated scholastic excellence and who are interested in advancing their education at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university,” states Jason Norton, senior vice president of marketing and business development.
DuTrac’s scholarships for 2021 will be announced this fall. Interested parties should reference local media sources or guidance counselors for application guidelines.
About DuTrac Community Credit Union
DuTrac Community Credit Union, headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa is a $756 million, full-service cooperative financial institution owned by and serving more than 47 thousand members out of thirteen branches in the Tri-State region. www.DuTrac.org