Veridian Credit Union members elect five directors to board
WATERLOO, Iowa (April 29, 2019): Veridian Credit Union members elected five directors to its 15-seat board Saturday at the financial cooperative’s 85th annual meeting. Votes were cast online from March 26 through April 24 and in-person at the meeting. Directors serve three-year terms as unpaid volunteers on Veridian’s board to oversee strategic planning and general policy setting in the interest of their fellow members.
“The democratic election of our board is fundamental to the credit union difference,” said Veridian President and CEO Monte Berg. “It helps ensure decisions at the highest level are made in our members’ interest. Directors serve as unpaid volunteers, and we’re grateful for their selfless leadership.”
Veridian board members elected at the 2019 annual meeting include:
- Stephanie Atkin of Des Moines, Iowa
- Thomas DeLong of Dunkerton, Iowa
- Paul Gengler of Waterloo, Iowa
- Traci McBee of Elkhart, Iowa
- Nick Waters of Johnston, Iowa
Veridian’s board also assigned directors to its executive committee. Assignments include:
- Board Chair: Nick Waters of Johnston, Iowa
- Treasurer: Cynthia Buettner of Bellevue, Nebraska
- First Vice Chair: Creston VanWey of Dewar, Iowa
- Second Vice Chair: Pam Ayres of Cedar Falls, Iowa
- Secretary: Traci McBee of Elkhart, Iowa
Veridian Credit Union, founded in 1934 in Waterloo, Iowa, is a not-for-profit financial cooperative owned by its members. The credit union offers a full range of business and consumer financial services and employs nearly 800 people throughout 31 branches in Iowa and eastern Nebraska. For more information, visit veridiancu.org or call (800) 235-3228.
Group Photo:(left to right): Paul Gengler, Traci McBee, Nick Waters, Thomas DeLong and Stephanie Atkin.