DuTrac Names Scholarship Recipients
Dubuque, Iowa – Seven 2018 graduates of Dubuque and Quad City area high schools were awarded scholarships through DuTrac Community Credit Union’s 2018-2019 Academic Scholarship Program.
Additional recipients of DuTrac’s $1000 scholarships were:
- Rileigh Lambert, daughter of Cheyanna and Todd Lambert, is a graduate of Monticello (Iowa) High School. Lambert plans to attend St. Ambrose University of Iowa to pursue a double major in special education and elementary education and a master’s in speech pathology.
- Brianna Fry, a graduate of Hempstead High School in Dubuque, will pursue a degree in nursing at Luther College. She is the daughter Kristie and Dennis Fry.
- Kathryn Doyle, daughter of Jill and Paul Doyle, is a graduate of Western Dubuque High School in Epworth. She plans to attend Wartburg College to major in music therapy.
Recipients of DuTrac’s $500 scholarships were:
- Delaney Kilburg, graduate of North Scott High School, is the daughter of Kristine and Charlie Kilburg. Kilburg plans to major in nursing at the University of Iowa.
- Ryan O’Hern, son of Elizabeth and Jeffery O’Hern, graduated from Alleman Catholic High School in Rock Island, Illinois and plans to attend the University of Florida to pursue a degree in pre-health.
- Kyle Sperfslage, a graduate of Monticello (Iowa) High School, is the son of Lisa and Dale Sperfslage. Sperfslage plans to major in finance and accounting at the University of Northern Iowa.
- Alison Schneider, the daughter of Deb Schneider, plans to attend Luther College to major in psychology. Schneider graduated from Wahlert High School.
“Education has long been a tenet of credit unions. The purpose of these scholarships is to recognize members of DuTrac who have demonstrated scholastic and community involvement excellence and who are interested in advancing their education at an accredited community college, trade school, technical college or university,” states Jason Norton, senior vice president of marketing and business development.
DuTrac’s scholarships for 2020 will be announced this fall. Interested parties should reference local media sources or guidance counselors for application guidelines.
DuTrac Community Credit Union, headquartered in Dubuque, Iowa is a $707 million, full-service cooperative financial institution owned by and serving more than 46 thousand members out of thirteen branches in the Tri-State region. www.dutrac.org