2018 UICCU Give & Grow Scholarship Recipients
University of Iowa Community Credit Union is proud to announce the recipients of the 2018 UICCU Give & Grow Scholarship Program. The program emphasizes the importance of giving back to our communities through volunteer hours and contributions to non-profit organizations. UICCU has awarded a $1,000 college scholarship to each of the six recipients. In addition, UICCU will donate $1,000 to the charity of the scholarship winner’s choice. The recipients are:
- Abby Laures is the daughter of Tom and Stephanie Laures. She attends Cedar Falls High School in Cedar Falls. Abby will attend the University of Iowa and the charity she chose is the Family and Children’s Council.
- Amanda Barrett is the daughter of Ed Barrett and Cathy Koebrick. She attends Kennedy High School in Cedar Rapids. Amanda will attend the University of Iowa and the charity she chose is the Alzheimer’s Association.
- Danica Nolton is the daughter of Brian and Vicki Nolton. She attends Grinnell Senior High School in Grinnell. Danica will attend Luther College and the charity she chose is the Children’s Cancer Connection.
- Ethan Trepka is the son of Lori Enloe and Jim Trepka. He attends West High School in Iowa City. Ethan will attend Dartmouth College, and the charity he chose is the World Wild Life Fund.
- Gwendolyn Miner is the daughter of Rod and Jyll Miner. She attends Johnston High School in Johnston. Gwendolyn will attend the University of Iowa and the charity she chose is Best Buddies – Johnston High School Chapter.
- Kendal Newman is the daughter of Jayson and Joleen Newman. She attends North Scott High School in Eldridge. Kendal will attend the University of Iowa and the charity she chose is Make a Wish Iowa Foundation.
“Our commitment to the communities we serve is consistent with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people,” according to UICCU President/CEO Jeff Disterhoft. “UICCU is pleased to offer this scholarship program to college applicants, while at the same time honoring the winners by donating to a charity they are passionate about.”