Applications for 2018 Iowa Innovation Group Now Open!1/16/2018
Calling 2018 Innovators!
Applications for the 2018 Iowa Innovation Group are now being accepted now through Feb. 9.
About Iowa Innovation Group
In the spirit of innovation, the Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) has partnered with Filene Research Institute for the sixth consecutive year! ICUL's commitment to enhancing the lives of consumers will be celebrated with a second milestone. This year, we're welcoming our 100th innovator to join us. The Iowa Innovation Group focuses on teaching Iowa credit union leaders the innovation process to apply at their credit unions and help to continue to advance the credit union movement.
Modeled after the Filene Research Institute's i3 program, the Iowa Innovation Group used the Filene "Method of Innovation" and coaching from Filene staff and ICUL to move quickly from insights and ideation to implementation of five new prototypes. Download the executive summary of last year's program as well as the final concept documents for each group's project.
The formation of the Iowa Innovation Group is a significant step in creating a blueprint for innovation within the Iowa credit union system. Beyond this, it has opened doors for credit union professionals who have the potential to be the next generation of leaders for the movement. The ideas created from this program are at the front-end of the innovation process and will require further development and testing. The ideas will continue to be evaluated for their market potential.
Who Participated Last Year
For the first time last year, we welcomed 20 participants representing 15 credit unions and two sister organizations. These passionate, creative and transformational credit union leaders were divided into groups to create new, innovative ideas and concepts that have the potential to be implemented for the benefit of Iowa credit unions. Participants revealed their work at the 2017 Iowa Credit Union Convention.
The 2017 participants were:
• Ben Schwechel, Collins Community CU
• Beth Baird, Linn Area Credit Union
• Bradley Kelley, TMG Financial Services
• Callie Hilgendorf, 1st Gateway CU
• Cathy Davis, U of I Community CU
• Geneva Miesner, Greater Iowa Credit Union
• Jake Ward, R.I.A. FCU
• Jessica Schindel, Community 1st CU
• Jose Garcia, Des Moines Metro CU
• Josh Murphy, Affinity Credit Union
• Justin Lee, Greater Iowa Credit Union
• Katie Lange, Alliant CU
• Kelly Ruegnitz, Dupaco Community CU
• Kris Laufer, Affinity Credit Union
• Kristin Kuennen, Veridian Credit Union
• Laura Sires, Veridian Credit Union
• Lindsey Ramos, IH Mississippi Valley CU
• Patrick Beaman, CO-OP Financial Services
• Shannon Gorman, Linn Area Credit Union
• Traci Koehn, CENT Credit Union
This group demonstrated leadership, passion and a collaborative spirit throughout the process. Congratulations and thank you to the credit unions that allowed their employees to participate in the program!
• Apply for 2018 Iowa Innovation Group by February 9
• 2018 IIG Schedule (Subject to Change)
• Nominate a 2018 Iowa Innovation Group Participant
• Download the 2017 Executive Summary and Concept Documents