ICUL News & Updates: RSVP for Compliance Townhall, Apply for Small Credit Union Grants
Resources for Small Credit Unions: Apply for Grants by Dec. 15; Download CUNA Small Credit Union Salary Survey
Iowa credit unions with $35 million and less in assets are encouraged to apply for the Iowa Credit Union Foundation's (ICUF) Small Credit Union Grant, made possible by Veridian Credit Union. Grant money can be used to fund technology needs, planning and consultation services, or to attend the annual Legislative & Regulatory Issues Conference held Feb. 6-7, 2018. Applications will be accepted through December 15, 2017.
Click here for an application and instructions.
CUNA Small Credit Union Salary Survey. Find information on salaries, incentives, bonuses, total cash compensation and salary ranges for the most common executive and front-line positions in small credit unions. ICUL purchases the annual CUNA Small Credit Union Survey on behalf of Iowa's small credit unions and distributes the report at no cost to credit unions with assets of $50 million or less.
Convention Videos, Recaps and Presentations Available on Online Learning Portal
Visit the new online learning portal
to access all the great educational content from the 87th annual Iowa Credit Union Convention! Video recordings of the keynote speakers, along with recaps of the breakout sessions are just a click away.
Missed a session that you wished you could have seen? Not able to attend this year? Have board members or co-workers who would benefit from this content? Check it out
Click here or login at www.iowacreditunions.com/icul and click on "education" and "learning portal."
Be sure to check out photos from Convention, including opening reception
, general sessions
(including Crashers and Iowa Innovation Group), volunteer event
, and Hack for CUPAC
Check out these Compliance Resources: Compliance Townhall on Dec. 5, 100 Updated Policies, 2018 Iowa Codebook Coming Soon
- Compliance Town Hall on Tuesday, Dec. 5. Join your peers for this complimentary webinar on Mortgage Servicing Rules for Small Services. Register now.
- 2018 Iowa Codebook. Each credit union receives a complimentary hard copy of the Codebook, with an option to purchase additional copies. It includes updated Iowa Credit Union Act, Iowa Division of Credit Union's administration rules and more!
- Updated sample policies. Access approximately 100 sample policies - including 10 new cybersecurity policies - through your PolicyAid subscription on the Members Only Website.
- Compliance hotline. As a reminder, PolicyWorks regulatory compliance experts are ready to answer your compliance questions. Call 844.731.6071 or email email@example.com.
These compliance resources are brought to you as part of your credit union's ICUL membership.
Register Now to Advocate for Credit Unions During 2018 Capitol Hill Days
ICUL will be hosting "Capitol Hill Days" during the 2018 state legislative session. These visits to the Iowa State Capitol provide credit union staff and board members with the opportunity to meet their state legislators to discuss matters of importance to the credit union industry.
This old-fashioned, grassroots lobbying remains the most effective way to get a legislator's attention.
Register to attend one or both of the events from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 7 and April 4. Lunch will be provided and there is no fee to attend.
Encourage Your Members to Apply for Warren A. Morrow Scholarship
Iowa credit union members who are high school seniors or current college students are invited to apply for ICUF's 2018 Warren A. Morrow Memorial Scholarship. Applicants will be required to complete an online entry form and answer an essay question, which is designed to encourage participants to learn about the credit union movement and its mission. ICUF will award $5,750 in scholarships to the winners. Applications will be accepted through February 9, 2018.
Click here to view rules and procedures, and here to apply for the scholarship.
Recent Studies Show Iowa Credit Unions Growing Member Relationships, Provide $1.25 Billion in Economic Contribution to Iowa
Two recent studies show the impact and growth Iowa credit unions are experiencing:
- Iowa Credit Unions Provide $1.25 Billion in Economic Contribution to Iowa. Read more about the findings of the Economic Contribution of Iowa's Credit Unions report or download the executive summary or the full report.
Upcoming Events and Deadlines
Stay up to date on all of ICUL's upcoming events by liking our Facebook Page
. Stay tuned for the 2018 events calendar!