N.W. Iowa Credit Union is searching for a seasoned executive to successfully lead the credit union as the Chief Executive Officer/CEO.
N.W. Iowa Credit Union/Community is the product of a merger in September 1994 between the Blue Bunny Employees Credit Union (chartered in 1966) and the NIPCO Credit Union (organized September 5, 1960). N.W. Iowa Credit Union’s mission is a member owned, non-profit financial institution providing personalized, competitive services that promote the economic well-being of our present and future members. Today, N.W. Iowa Credit Union, a community credit union serves more than 5,000 members from 6 different counties in Iowa and South Dakota, with over $70+ million in assets. N.W. Iowa Credit Union is a full-service community credit union, providing valuable products and services, lower fees than banks, competitively lower interest rates on loans, market rates on deposits, excellent service and is committed to members’ financial well-being.
The CEO will be responsible for:
- Directing and achieving the overall goals and objectives included in the strategic plan.
- Maintaining the financial health and stability of the credit union
- Mentoring and interacting with staff to foster growth and development
- Understanding and optimizing the “people helping people” philosophy
- Directing organizational change while building consensus.
- Developing, executing, and monitoring budget process for the credit union.
- Ensuring compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, while working with the team and board of directors on all areas of risk management.
- Creating and sustaining an environment for team members that promotes a culture of empowerment, collaboration, and work/life balance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, management, or business administration preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of executive experience within credit union field or financial services.
- Prior experience in financial institution lending.
- Credit Union management experience preferred.
Salary is commensurate with experience. An excellent competitive compensation package will be offered to the selected candidate.
Qualified candidates may email confidential cover letter, resume, professional references, salary package and requirements to the attention of N.W. Iowa Search Committee: HRsearch@nwicu.com
Applications for consideration must be received by 12.15.2021