The State of Iowa Division of Credit Unions has an opening for an entry-level position as a credit union examiner. The starting salary is $56,971.20 annually, higher commensurate with experience. Examiners conduct and direct the examinations of state-chartered credit unions. When not in charge of the examination, credit union examiners are assigned the responsibility for reviewing a segment of the exam. Overnight travel is required when work is completed on-site at credit union offices.
- Plan and conduct examinations of credit union operations;
- Evaluate the soundness of credit union policies, procedures, and practices;
- Analyze financial statements, key ratios and operating trends;
- Learn the laws and regulations of the industry and ensure credit union compliance;
- Assess the degree of risk present from current operating practices;
- Identify weaknesses and discuss corrective action with management;
- Meet with Board of Directors and credit union personnel to discuss areas reviewed; and
- Complete written reports of operations to be provided to credit unions.
- Qualified Applicant:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another business related field; and
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written.
Experience working in the financial industry or an occupation which provides knowledge of auditing principles and practices is considered a plus. This position requires up to 35% overnight travel within Iowa. Competitive salary and exceptional benefits offered. The State of Iowa is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Please submit cover letter and resume to: IDCU.email@example.com.