First Community Trust is a national association and an independent trust company that offers trust, investment, and retirement services. Our sole objective is to help our clients achieve their personal, financial and estate planning goals.
We are seeking a talented Senior Investment Officer who a passion for serving clients and helping them to define, develop and attain their financial goals. This individual will be a self-starter who has a proactive approach to provide expertise and support to our wealth management team and clients. If you are a detail-oriented individual who can multitask and meet strict deadlines simultaneously we would like to speak with you.
*Located in Dubuque, Iowa
- Manages and leads the overall investment function for FCT to include the bank portfolio and fiduciary accounts.
- Maintains compliance with applicable laws, policies, and procedures pertinent to investments.
- Partners with administrators in maintaining existing business and new business development.
- Analyzes investment reports of new and existing clients.
- Coordinate email blasts, newsletters and maintain social media.
- Regularly prepares reports documenting compliance with policies and procedures.
- Stays up current on investment strategies, laws, and regulations.
- Maintains relationships with fund representative and other resources to align on investment products and strategies.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or economics required.
- 5+ years’ experience managing discretionary portfolios.
- CFA or other advanced certification desired.
- Prior experience working with Morningstar Direct preferred.
- Previous knowledge of trust, estate, employee benefit and custody issues.
- Strong background in portfolio and investment management, security selection and diversification strategies.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and proactively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills at all levels of the organization.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to understand and apply company policies and procedures effectively.
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and draw sound conclusions for investments.
*Credit and criminal history verification will be required of all applicants.
FCT is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
If you have a passion for helping people meet their financial goals please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.