Founded in 1995, the Iowa Credit Union Foundation’s (ICUF) mission is to help Iowans build wealth, responsibility, and independence, with the vision to eliminate poverty in the state of Iowa. ICUF focuses on three strategic directives to help credit union members and Iowans improve their lives. The directives include Be the champions of financial literacy and give all Iowans access to financial services.
The Iowa Credit Union Foundation is seeking an experienced Executive Director to lead its ongoing growth and achieve its mission of “Helping Iowans Build Wealth, Responsibility and Independence.” As ICUF's Executive Director, the successful candidate will fulfill the organization's strategic directives, lead capacity building through strategic fundraising, administer its programs, and strengthen relationships with Iowa credit unions, community partners and other key audiences. If you are an ambitious self-starter who is passionate about non-profit, we would love to speak with you.
- Lead and execute strategic priorities of the Iowa Credit Union Foundation. Seek sponsorships, write proposals, and leverage partnerships.
- Collaborate with Board of Directors and staff to fulfill the mission of the Iowa Credit Union Foundation.
- Work closely with the Iowa Credit Union Foundation board chair and executive committee on strategy and execution.
- Provide leadership to full time staff and connect them to ICUL’s mission and strategic plan.
- Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement and approval in policy decisions, fundraising opportunities and to increase the overall visibility of the ICUL.
- Oversee and lead all Iowa Credit Union Foundations programs community involvement, grants, and initiatives.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships to ensure our mission is represented and positively received.
- Public speaking to recruit volunteers, collect donations and promote community awareness.
- Responsible for annual budget, monthly budget monitoring and management.
- 5+ years of prior work experience in non-profit.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills: the ability to influence, motivate and build relationships within all levels of the organization; serve as a community leader and build relationships based on trust and credibility to advance the ICUL’s mission and values.
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and monitor progress toward goals.
- Experience in soliciting, fundraising, and grant-writing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, self-directed with an energetic, creative, and positive attitude.
- Ability to be flexible in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proven leadership in both internal and external environments
- Must align with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and our core values: People Matter, Collaborate for Results, Ownership Perspective and Embrace Change.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunities that the Iowa Credit Union Foundation provides, please send your resume and salary requirements.
ICUF is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”