If you are a results-driven and enthusiastic individual who wants to create meaningful change through advocacy, we are looking for you! PolicyWorks, a Des Moines-based government and public affairs firm owned by the Iowa Credit Union League, is seeking an Advocacy Coordinator.
The Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) is the trade association representing Iowa’s credit unions and their 1.3 million member-owners, and works to improve the financial lives of consumers. This individual will support the Iowa Credit Union League’s government affairs programs by expanding grassroots advocacy engagement among credit union staff and members and growing credit union political action committee (CUPAC) fundraising.
- Recruit, train, and empower volunteer advocates including credit union staff, directors, and members.
- Engage credit unions and membership to increase CUPAC fundraising.
- Track advocacy and fundraising metrics.
- Coordinate advocacy trainings, state legislative visits to credit union branches, fundraising events, and presentations.
- Stay current on grassroots advocacy strategies, tools, and software to keep League advocacy programs innovative.
- Stay abreast of new fundraising strategies and provide recommendations to keep CUPAC fundraising competitive.
- Be an advocate for member credit unions to external publics.
- Experience in grassroots advocacy or community organizing.
- Strong public speaking, interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to organize and lead multiple activities simultaneously.
- Enthusiasm for creating meaningful change.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with clients and members.
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPoint, and social media platforms.
- Some evening and weekend availability required.
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent 401(k) program with generous company match.
- Volunteer time off, corporate matched giving, and education assistance.
- Engaging culture with values of: people matter, collaborate for results, take an ownership perspective, and embrace change.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunites that PolicyWorks provides, please send your resume and salary requirements.
PolicyWorks is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”