Midland Credit Union (MCU) is a progressive institution looking for a Chief Executive Officer who will be responsible for the successful operation of the Credit Union and is accountable to its Board of Directors. The CEO will lead a team ensuring that members are provided with excellent services, achieving maximum cost effectiveness, driving the strategic growth and expansion, while continuing to improve on our technological competitiveness.
Midland Credit Union was established in 1933. We are a member-owned not-for-profit financial cooperative which allows us to pass on lower loan rates and higher dividends to our member-owners. We are opening our third location this fall. MCU is growing in assets and services to our members, as well as expanding to better service our membership outside of Polk County in Iowa. We are looking for a person who wants to use their skillset to help Midland in this strategic growth.
Midland Credit Union is a community credit union, with members who reside or work in Polk, Adair, Adams, Audubon, Boone, Cass, Dallas, Guthrie, Harrison, Jasper, Madison, Mills, Montgomery, Polk, Pottawattamie, Shelby, Story, Union, and Warren counties in Iowa; or are associated with an authorized employee group, either as an employee or a household/family member of an employee or spouse.
**Position is in Urbandale, IA.
Additionally, the CEO:
- Develops and maintains positive relationships with Credit Union members, regulatory agencies, board members, and team members.
- Ensures the financial safety and soundness of the Credit Union by implementing controls to manage a budget, adhering to the established policies, planning for business continuity, complying with federal and state regulatory agencies, acting with fiduciary responsibility, identifying strong and appropriate vendor partners and implementing appropriate security measures to eliminate loss.
- Executes board directed goals and objectives with a strong desire to achieve.
- Provides the Board of Directors information in an accurate, complete, and timely manner so that the Board can make strategic decisions and accurate assessments of the success of the Credit Union's operations.
- Prepares and submits the Credit Union's annual budget for Board's approval and adoption.
- Administers the Credit Union's budget in accordance with the Board's intent.
- Recruits, selects, and trains a member service-oriented staff. Ensures that all staff are fully trained in their functional areas of responsibility. Conducts timely performance evaluations of the Credit Union's staff. Provides motivational leadership for the staff. Supports staff in their professional growth and development.
- Collaborates with the Board in planning the Credit Union's Annual Meeting and other special events.
- Bachelor or higher degree in accounting, finance, management, or business administration preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 10+ years of prior leadership experience.
- Prior experience and certifications in financial institution lending.
- Ability to read and interpret complex federal and state laws, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Ability to understand and manage the technologies used within the credit union.
- Prior experience presenting managerial, technical, and business-related material in writing in a manner that will persuade, interpret, and inform a wide variety of groups and persons.
- Ability to develop and foster teamwork and motivate a staff. Encourages and facilitates cooperation, pride, trust and group identity. Ability to foster commitment and team spirit.
- Proven ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Displays a high level of initiative, effort and commitment towards achieving Credit Union Goals and Objectives.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
Qualified applicants may send a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org