Affinity Credit Union, a $140M credit union serving 13,500 members in Des Moines, Iowa with the mission of Building Better Lives is hiring for a Vice President of Lending. You will lead a team and loan portfolio at a growing community based credit union that cares about building the lives of their staff, members and community.
This role focuses on managing the lending areas of Affinity Credit Union and requires a high level of expertise in loan portfolio growth. Driving results and leading others is a material part of the job. Fostering effective relationships within your team and partners is necessary. This position requires the ability to identify challenges and implement creative solutions.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills/qualifications:
- A minimum of 15 years of experience in lending with a focus on mortgage lending, consumer and real estate underwriting and proven experience in growing a lending portfolio.
- Strong mortgage lending portfolio leadership required. Commercial lending background preferred. Indirect lending lending experience preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of banking practices, policies, regulations, procedures, operations, products and services is required.
- Proven experience in leading and motivating a team. Ability to foster strong relationships required.
- Individual must demonstrate strong analytical and decision-making skills.
- This position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of discernment, strong organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload, and work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Individual must be able to outline strategic development initiatives and execution plans for lending growth.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in related area. A combination of education and prior experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Individual must be proficient in Word, Excel. Knowledge of the credit union industry and its partners preferred but not required.
Affinity Credit Union offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including 401(k) with company match, holiday pay, paid time off, education reimbursement and health insurance including dental and vision.
Click here to apply