Mortgage Lending Systems Specialist
Veridian Credit Union, Waterloo, Iowa
The primary responsibilities of the Mortgage Lending Systems Specialist include administering Veridian’s loan origination solution, administration of users in numerous mortgage systems, integration of systems to create efficiencies, and report management. The Mortgage Lending Systems Specialist creates and maintains documentation on system processes and trains staff on systems as needed.
- Administer Veridian’s mortgage loan origination system (LOS) including test systems and child sites. Work with third party business partners to insure the LOS is updated routinely and being fully utilized.
- Maintain interconnectivity between the mortgage LOS and other relevant systems including: online applications, servicing solutions, flood solutions, credit report solutions, verification solutions, appraisal solutions, mortgage insurers, investors, e-sign solutions, etc.
- Work with business partners and mortgage lending staff to document procedures. Responsible for training mortgage lending staff on systems, and providing support to staff/members on systems. Keep system procedures updated and current with new releases and changes in processes.
- Create, maintain, and update mortgage lending reports as requested by management.
- Administer system security: determine user rights within systems, add and remove users, password resets, etc.
- Maintain mortgage lending systems including test systems and child sites. Conduct due diligence prior to new releases, compliance/regulatory updates, and system changes. Perform research on system issues/member noise and drive to resolutions/solutions.
- Assist management in the selection of new technology solutions or partners. Work with management to prepare systems for regulatory updates, as well as systems changes resulting from audit or compliance findings.
- Implement work processes to prevent future deficiencies by improving loan quality. Provide education regarding deficiencies to lending staff.
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate loan volume during periods of peak demand.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
Travel- Extensive travel; valid driver’s license required.
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 4+ years' experience in lending.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or 8 years' lending experience.
- Mortgage lending experience, including knowledge of mortgage procedures, related legal and regulatory requirements.
- Loan system administration experience including report creation and editing using Business Objects.