Education Events Manager
The Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) is the non-profit trade association that represents the interests of Iowa’s state and federally chartered credit unions and their one million members. ICUL is driven to improve the financial lives of consumers. ICUL, along with its holding company, Affiliates Management Company, and its family of companies – Coopera, PolicyWorks and the Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) – achieve this mission through unparalleled payment solutions, compliance, advocacy and emerging markets expertise for our clients and consumers. Together our shared mission, values and commitment to service excellence have led to our ongoing growth and success.
The Iowa Credit Union League is seeing an Education Events Manager. This person will facilitate credit union growth and vitality by managing, promoting and advancing association events and educational programming that supports and delivers an exceptional member experience.
- Responsible for the design, management and delivery of education conferences, webinars, roundtables, workshops and the Iowa Credit Union Annual Convention.
- Coordinate learning events on a weekly, monthly and annual basis to ensure success by setting timelines and managing event goals.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Credit Unions, aligning them with educational resources and information.
- Develop and maintains relationships both internally and externally.
- Work with key stakeholders to create education calendar of events and meet the needs of our members.
- Facilitate business development with vendors to leverage trade show and sponsorship opportunities.
- Work closely with accounting to reconcile Accounts Payables and Receivables.
- Manage a variety of projects and tasks as assigned. Exhibit resourcefulness, collaboration, creativity, and a forward-thinking mindset.
- Bachelor’s degree in event management or marketing preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with coordination of large events, meetings and conventions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to successful collaborate and maintain professional relationships.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills; must be able to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong multi-tasking skills with attention to detail and accuracy; ability to plan and manage a variety of projects concurrently.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast paced and changing working environment.
- Collaborative individual with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity.
- Must align with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and AMC’s core values: People Matter, Collaborate for Results, Ownership Perspective and Embrace Change.
- Ability to perform under pressure in a professional manner.
- Strong audio, visual and technical support skills
- Ability to travel routinely in Iowa is required.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
ICUL is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”