Under general supervision and in compliance with established policies and procedures, the Contact Center Representative I is responsible for providing superior member service by conducting transactions accurately, assisting members with their financial goals, and promoting Veridian products and services over the phone.
- Provide quality interactions with inbound and outbound member calls that create an excellent service experience to promote the Veridian brand.
- Understand and be familiar with Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) guidelines.
- Conduct member transactions including: loan payments, deposits, withdrawals, transfers and SWBC payments.
- Complete member requests including: opening certificates of deposit, processing wire transfers, ordering and blocking plastic cards, ordering checks, researching account information, initiation of direct deposit/ EFT/payroll deduction, etc.
- Actively cross-sell credit union services by providing information to current, new and potential members.
- Consistently achieve established monthly and annual sales and service goals.
- Actively refer members to appropriate position and/or department within all Veridian Companies.
- Maintain necessary departmental files, updating member/credit union information as required.
- Prepare and maintain reports as required.
- Maintain member confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Proficient in answering member inquires surrounding: Online Banking, Mobile Banking, Remote Deposits, Bill Payment, Remote Transfers, etc.
- Support at the first point of contact through problem solving skills and utilization of resources in the areas of card services, rate inquiries, ACH, and Account Resolutions.
- Skilled in Member Contact Center software: EchoSign, SWBC, Jabber, Cisco Agent, ApplePay, etc.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
- Occasionally lift and/or move items over 10 pounds.
- Remain sedentary (seated) for extended periods of time.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and fax machines.
Limited travel expected.
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma.
- Related work experience in customer service, preferably in a call center environment and/or at a financial institution.
- Proficiency in electronic services.
- Fluent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.