MORTGAGE LOAN OFFICER
Job Location: Peoples Credit Union
This position could work from either our Fort Dodge or Webster City, IA branch locations.
Reports to: CEO/President
Role: Increases mortgage loan portfolio by developing business contacts; attracting mortgage customers; completing mortgage loan processing and closing.
- Collect financial information, evaluate creditworthiness and eligibility for obtaining a mortgage loan.
- Interview and guide clients through mortgage loan options.
- Prepare and submit mortgage loan applications, ensuring data is in line with national and local financial rules.
- Monitor and report on application processes.
- Help resolve problems with applications.
- Inform clients about loan approval or rejection by examining application and supporting documentation; estimating credit-worthiness; calculating repayment risk.
- Issues appropriate and accurate compliance documents.
- Ensure compliance with privacy laws and confidentiality policies throughout the process.
- Research new mortgage loan policies.
- Build a supportive referral network by developing relationships with members, potential members, Realtors and vendors.
- Must maintain a valid NMLS license.
- Demonstrate connection to the community by participating in community events or activities on behalf of the credit union.
- Must have previous mortgage lending experience
- Audit, Financial Skills, Financial Software, Customer Service, Thoroughness, Confidentiality, Analyzing Information, Decision Making, Verbal Communication, Professionalism, Quality Focus
- Client-oriented with a strong analytical skill set
- Previous credit union knowledge (preferred)
- Bilingual (preferred)
Benefits: Salary Position
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Dental / Health / Vision
- Disability / Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off / Parental Leave
- Monday to Friday, rotating Saturdays
- May require working from home remotely if lobby is closed for non-holiday reasons
Contact: Jordan Hensley / 515-832-6346
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer