Credit Union Name: Capitol View Credit Union
Position Title: Loan Officer
Location: 623 E 12 Street, Des Moines, IA 50305
Summary of Position:
- $42k-$53k (plus typically $6k-12k incentives)
- Multiple years experience underwriting personal, vehicle, and home equity loans preferred.
- Current NMLS preferred.
Assist members with their consumer lending needs; analyze loan requests and make credit decisions based on the credit union lending policy.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Analyze applicants' financial status, credit, and property evaluations to determine feasibility of granting loans.
- Obtain and compile copies of loan applicants' credit histories, corporate financial statements, and other financial information.
- Meet with applicants to obtain information for loan applications and to answer questions about the process.
- Explain to customers the different types of loans and credit options that are available, as well as the terms of those services.
- Review loan agreements to ensure that they are complete and accurate according to policy.
- Approve loans within specified limits, and refer loan applications outside those limits to the CEO for approval.
- Handle customer complaints and take appropriate actions to resolve them.
- Stay abreast of new types of loans and other financial services and products to better meet customers' needs.
- Review and update credit and loan files.
- Compute payment schedules.
- Analyze potential loan markets and develop referral networks to locate prospects for loans.
- Adheres to credit policies, credit lines limits, policies, procedures and standards in conjunction with the credit union.
- Confer with underwriters to aid in resolving mortgage application problems.
- Market credit union products to individuals and firms, promoting credit union services that may meet members’ needs.
- Work with clients to identify their financial goals and to find ways of reaching those goals.
- Negotiate payment arrangements with members who have delinquent loans.
- Prepare letters to send to members whose accounts are delinquent, and forward irreconcilable accounts for collector action.
- Supervise loan personnel, if applicable.
- Arrange for maintenance and liquidation of delinquent properties.
- Follow up on transfers of titles and deeds of collateral.
- Collect proof of insurance or collateral and be the primary contact for our CPI program.
- Responsible for knowing and following Bank Security Act (BSA) and Customer Identification Program (CIP) regulations, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as requested.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the members’ needs while following company procedures.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Deductive Reasoning - Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.