First Community Trust is a national association and an independent trust company that offers trust, investment and retirement services. Our sole objective is to help our clients achieve their personal, financial and estate planning goals.
We are seeking a Trust Officer who will be responsible for administration of trusts, estates, agencies, and IRAs. This individual ensures adherence to bank policies, procedures, objectives, and practices and applicable laws and will develop and grow long-term trusted relationships with clients and partners. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for service and helping people define and attain their financial goals.
With the support of Trust Associates and other Wealth Management professionals, the Trust Officer will act as the Personal Representative, a Trustee, a Conservator or an Agent.
*This position would be located in Waterloo or Cedar Falls.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- CLIENT GROWTH:
- Cultivates relationships with community contacts and professional advisors to identify and win new business opportunities.
- Combines technical fiduciary knowledge with client discovery to enhance and deepen existing client relationships.
- Engages with the market team to develop strategies and marketing programs designed to enhance the client experience.
- Actively calls on potential clients to identify needs and makes proposals for new business.
- Develop and maintain a referral network to build and grow relationships.
- Administers an assigned Fiduciary book of business.
- Manages Trust relationships, ensuring that all client objectives are met and are consistent with governing documents, fiduciary administration principals, and legal standards.
- Reviews and directs disbursement of fiduciary funds according to conditions of the trust and needs of beneficiaries.
- Meets with beneficiaries and wealth management clients to review relationships, accounts, discuss their needs, analyze problems, and provide relationship-based solutions
- Monitor and control risks related to account administration, including review and approval of administrative, unique asset, and investment reviews in a timely manner
- Maintain current knowledge of and complies with all applicable laws and regulations, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of trust and fiduciary experience with an emphasis on client service, business development, and trust administration.
- Ability to develop, create and grow relationships.
- Active in community and business organizations.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills, ability to work as a part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and a self-starter.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
**Credit and criminal background verification required on all applicants.
If you are highly motivated and would enjoy the diversity of challenges and opportunites that PolicyWorks provides, please send your resume and salary requirements.
FCT is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.”
If you have a passion for helping people meet their financial goals please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.