You have a calling to make a high level impact. Your passions are audit and leadership – because you know your work is meaningful. As an experienced auditor, you have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully manage the audit function. You understand how important it is to make connections, build trust, and communicate effectively with stakeholders across the organization. As the Internal Audit Manager, you’ll lead the audit team in planning, administering, and performing internal audits throughout Dupaco. This is an excellent opportunity for you if you’re looking for a hands-on leadership opportunity that is challenging and rewarding.
- Supervise assigned team by providing periodic check-ins and regular coaching to enable direct reports to successfully carry out goals and objectives.
- Develop, track, and coordinate individual goals and training for team.
- Work closely with various departments and leaders throughout the Credit Union to align efforts with strategic initiatives.
- Provide initial and ongoing training for the Internal Audit team.
- Meets with appropriate stakeholders to discuss findings and recommendations, prepare written recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Issue all Internal Audit reports ensuring the reports are clear, concise, identify root causes with practical solutions, and ultimately provide value to management.
- Monitor and appraise the adequacy and effectiveness of corrective action taken on audit findings and present written reports to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Ascertains that proposed audits avoid duplication of the work already performed regularly by regulatory authorities and external auditors.
- Investigate and report evidence of theft or fraud directly to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Formulate procedures and plans for practical internal verifications, controls and audit trails.
- Serve as the liaison to the Audit Committee, meet regularly to report the status of Internal Audit’s ongoing monitoring activities, inform the committee of emerging risks and/or exposures that should be considered.
- Annually, lead development of a risk assessment and implement the risk based audit plan that is aligned with the risk profile of Dupaco.
- Act as a liaison to and aids external auditors and state and federal examiners by preparing work papers, gathering requested documents, and providing information on credit union activities as requested.
- Proactively seek guidance when faced with uncertainty, identifies issues requiring research, and effectively researches issues utilizing appropriate resources.
- Develop plans for audit projects with appropriate stakeholders which, at a minimum, will show the objective of the audit, what is to be done, how the work will be completed, a related time budget, and expected format for communicating the results of the audit.
- Conduct periodic audits of systems and records to verify adherence to generally accepted accounting principles, adequacy and effectiveness of existing systems, policies and procedures, and the efficiency with which activities are performed.
- Maintain audit work papers to evidence the audit work performed and the material facts supporting the conclusions reported.
- Oversee the execution of individual audits defined in the audit plan ensuring the highest level of internal service quality.
- Maintains knowledge of relevant issues/regulations related to Internal Audit, Compliance, and the credit union industry.
- Maintain the confidential nature of all work papers and information obtained during an audit.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of audit experience
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Financial institution experience is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills
- Must be motivated, self-starting individual with a focus on detail oriented projects
For consideration, please apply on our website at www.dupaco.com/careers