ICUL Vice President, Member Services
The Iowa Credit Union League (ICUL) is the non-profit trade association that represents the interests of Iowa's state and federally chartered credit unions and their 1.3 million members. ICUL is driven to improve the financial lives of consumers. ICUL, along with its holding company, Affiliates Management Company, and its family of companies – Coopera, First Community Trust, PolicyWorks and the Iowa Credit Union Foundation (ICUF) – achieve this mission through trust and investment services, compliance, advocacy and emerging markets expertise for our clients and consumers. Together our shared mission, values and commitment to service excellence have led to our ongoing growth and success.
The Iowa Credit Union League is seeking a Vice President of Member Services. This position is part of the Iowa Credit Union League management team and will report to the COO. We are currently looking for an energetic, ambitious and growth-oriented individual to lead and oversee a team of member service professionals. The Vice President will be responsible for member outreach success of the Iowa Credit Union League. This individual will provide consultative services to our credit unions and support strategic partnership and relationships.
- Provide vision and strategy to support success of member services team.
- Oversee a team and develop leaders through coaching and training opportunities.
- Identify and create relationships with credit union executives and boards.
- Engage and maintain relationships with strategic partners to ensure objectives are met.
- Provide strategic oversight on member events and outreach to ensure engagement and meets the needs of our clients.
- Offer strategic oversite and direction to Emerging Leaders Connection (ELC), the Iowa Innovation Group (IIG) and other league development opportunities.
- Facilitate credit union specific consultative conversations and attend board meetings and planning sessions.
- Establish reputation as a thought leader by representing the company at events, conducting presentations and trainings as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 5+ years of experience in retail financial services, ideally from within the credit union system.
- 5+ years of relationship management experience.
- Active listening skills and the ability to communicate strategic ideas effectively in both written and verbal communications throughout all levels of an organization.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills, including demonstrated success facilitating strategic conversations in both small and large groups.
- Aptitude to assert oneself and establish credibility quickly to build long-lasting, trusting relationships.
- Strong problem-solving skills and comfort working in sensitive, confidential, complex situations.
- Collaborative individual with a positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity.
- Must align with the credit union philosophy of “people helping people” and ICUL’s core values: People Matter, Collaborate for Results, Ownership Perspective, and Embrace Change.
- Ability to travel extensively in-state (25%+) and occasionally out-of-state is required; occasional evening and weekend requirements.
Credit and criminal history verification will be required of all applicants.