We are currently seeking a Branch Manager to oversee and cultivate our Denison branch. This position will manage and support the delivery of credit union products and services consistent with the financial, operational, and growth related strategic plans of the organization. Foster a service & sales oriented environment by ensuring the highest standards of service are provided to the membership. Demonstrate community leadership by building networking relationships and branch awareness.
Location: 230 North 7th St., Denison, IA 51442
Hours: Monday- Wednesday 8:30am - 5:00pm, Thursday-Friday 8:30 - 5:30pm & rotating Saturday's 9am -Noon
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Maintain a highly motivated, well trained staff. Effectively mentors, coaches and maintains and/or improves branch employees' skill and knowledge for prompt and efficient service delivery and high quality member service. Responsible for ensuring the credit union strategic initiatives, core values, and service standards are upheld and branch related goals are attained. Keeps staff up to date on trends, credit union objectives and general credit union information. Maintain in-depth knowledge on all policies, procedures, regulations, and security and robbery procedures and ensure branch employees have a working knowledge of regulatory and compliance related standards.
- Serve membership as needed, ensuring the highest quality member service standards. Exhibit knowledge of opening deposit accounts, servicing members with existing accounts, processing financial transactions and interviewing loan applicants. Research and solve complex member inquiries or complaints to ensure proper follow up and member satisfaction. Support and oversee other branch locations within close proximity and/or maintain positive working relationships with other divisions and locations.
- Represent the branch in its relationship with the membership, segmented employee groups, peers and various community organizations and affiliations. Build a referral network through active participation in community outreach programs. Accountable for the effective use of marketing tools that result in the achievement of expected goals. Assist in the implementation of new products or programs at the branch to help provide better service to members and stimulate new growth.
- Assists with interviewing and selection process. Manages branch staff, provides direction, organization information and feedback, and evaluates employee performance on a consistent, timely, and regular basis.
- Maintain professional appearance of branch to ensure a welcoming and inviting atmosphere. Recommend branch expenditures and budgetary need to facilitate sound operations. Manage the safety and security of the branch and routinely monitor security systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: Minimum of 3 years retail financial experience including minimum of 3 years in a management capacity and 1 year consumer lending experience. Already possess or have the ability to attain a nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) number.
Education: A two-year college degree and/or equivalent experience to business-related degree with an emphasis in finance, banking or management.
Interpersonal Skills: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- High level of service orientation.
- Ability to present information with diplomacy and tact.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations governing credit union products and services.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software applications.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to lift, move, or transfer items, materials, or product up to 30 lbs.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a standard office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
For more information or to apply online please use the following link.