We are a growing Credit Union based in Des Moines, Iowa that follows the philosophy of “people helping people.”
Affinity Credit Union is currently serving over 15,000 members, growing in size and is known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike. We have been voted as the Top Work Places in 2018 by The Des Moines Register.
- Our positions are more than jobs, they are like being part of a team whose members support one another and welcome new ideas.
The Position: We are looking for a Branch Manager. This position supports the daily operation of the office by providing leadership, training, coaching and supervision to all branch staff. This position will require business development skills, community involvement and networking abilities to grow and expand the branch and the credit union. Additional responsibilities include deposit and loan portfolios for the branch including retention of current customers and the acquisition of new prospects. This is an exempt position.
Experience:2-5 years of financial industry related experience
Education:(1) A 2 year college degree or (2) completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school or (3) completion of a specialized and extensive in-house training or apprenticeship program and (4) equivalent combination of education and experience.
Interpersonal Skills:The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
Other Skills:Strong supervisory, PC (technology), compliance, leadership, written and verbal communications skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- 30% To perform effective and efficient management of the branch. This is a highly visible position where success will have a significant impact on the organization.
- 15% Monitors branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions and positive results and behavior are recognized.
- 10% Provide top level member service to each member with which you have interaction. Assist team members in finding ways to provide better member service.
- 10% Achieving sales, service, growth, retention and profitability goals while ensuring regulatory and compliance standards are being met.
- 10% Build on job specific training with team to improve employee performance which includes referrals on additional member’s products and services. Continue to develop employees in areas of interest and to advance their career.
- 10% Assists in hiring process of branch team members, conducts reviews, assists in creating schedules, and monitors the work of branch personnel: conducts performance reviews; allocates resources to meet operational needs within the department; reviews and approves, denies, or modifies department recommendations from team members.
- 5% Reviews and approves underwriting decisions of team members when needed
- 5% Maintains communications with management team; prepares and submits standard reports; attends management meetings as required.
- 5% Perform other job related duties as assigned.
The Location: Affinity Credit Union, based in Des Moines, Iowa.
Apply/submit a resume today, for an exciting and challenging position within the Affinity Credit Union team!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer