Chief Financial Officer
1ST Gateway Credit Union, Camanche, IA
1ST Gateway Credit Union is in search of an experienced financial executive to join our team. The Chief Financial Officer will oversee the accounting, finance, investing, compliance and risk management activities of the credit union. This position plays a key role in the development of financial and operational strategy, oversees our asset and liability management (ALM) plans, coordinates the budgeting process, and monitors internal control systems designed to protect company assets.
- Maintains investment portfolio accounting records and makes recommendations for appropriate investments on behalf of the credit union.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates policies and procedures to ensure the credit union operates in compliance with applicable NCUA and State regulations, and that accounting procedures comply with Generally Accepted Account Principals.
- Responsible for financial analysis and reporting, cash management and forecasting reports on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Participate in determining deposit and loan rates and manage balance sheet to mitigate interest rate risk.
- Supervise assigned staff and participate in on-going staff training programs designed to improve employee development.
- Assist with negotiations and purchasing decisions for capital equipment or other capital expenditures.
- Serves as the credit union’s liaison with regulatory agency examiners and CPA auditors.
- Oversees vendor management and third-party due diligence.
- Maintains visibility within the communities we serve to help reinforce our corporate vision and direction.
The ideal candidate will possess an accounting degree, five years of related experience or a combination of education and experience. CPA designation is preferred but not required. Equal opportunity employer.
1ST Gateway Credit Union’s main office is located in Camanche, IA, and it currently manages nearly $175 million in assets; it serves over 11,100 members at 7 locations in its 25-county field of membership located in both eastern Iowa and western Illinois. 1ST Gateway has regularly earned 5-Star Awards from Bauer Financial, which is an independent firm that measures the safety and soundness of financial institutions throughout the United States. The credit union was also recognized by Forbes in both 2019 and 2020 as “One of the Best Credit Unions in America”, which is an award that goes to less than 3% of America’s credit unions. To learn more, visit: www.1stgateway.org.
If you are qualified and would like to join our team in improving lives, please submit an resume with salary expectations. No phone calls please.
1ST Gateway Credit Union
Attn: Pat Drennen, CEO
P. O. Box 110
Camanche, IA 52730