Advantage Credit Union, a dynamic and growing credit union in Newton, IA is seeking a Chief Operations Officer or COO to oversee our organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business. The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting only to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
Advantage Credit Union serves 19 counties in Central Iowa with banking and financial services including savings/checking accounts, loans and more.
Our COO is an integral part of our business and must demonstrate a passion to the credit union philosophy of "People Helping People."
- Assist in directing all Credit Union operations, which include planning, recommending, and implementing programs and policies and providing general administrative direction.
- Direct and supervise the operational management of credit union.
- Recruit and select quality applicants for vacancies, ensuring that the credit union maintains an outstanding staff.
- Maintain a highly motivated, well-trained staff prepared to exceed member expectations.
- Foster a sales environment to ensure continued growth of loans, deposits, and members.
- Develop, apply, and evaluate policies and procedures for the credit union.
- Develop, implement, and maintain operational procedures to maximize efficiency and quality of work.
- Evaluate the job performance of credit union staff to ensure quality of work and service to members and make salary recommendations.
- Attend board meetings and report on assigned areas of responsibility as requested by the president.
- Align staff with overall goals according to credit union strategic plans.
- Work with the auditor to ensure compliance with internal controls.
- Ensure that the credit union is in compliance with the federal laws and regulations set forth by the National Credit Union Administration and other regulatory agencies.
- Ensure that the President/CEO is kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Credit Union and of all important factors influencing them.
- Progressive minded and energetic.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Must possess strong leadership skills.
- Lending experience.
- Financial management experience.
- Two or four year degree in business administration or related work experience.
Benefit package includes 401(k) with 100% match up to 7%, attractive health, dental and vision, life and disability insurance, childcare and healthcare flex spending deductions (FSA), paid holidays, vacation and casual days.
Deadline for applications is Friday, September 25, 2020.