Mortgage Loan Underwriter II
Veridian Credit Union
Location: Ankeny, IA, Waterloo, IA, Cedar Rapids, IA, or Omaha, NE
A Mortgage Loan Underwriter II is responsible for first mortgage and second mortgage loan decisioning, verification of file accuracy and completeness, and compliance with guidelines, rules and regulations. Additionally, they must insure and determine accuracy of income calculation, valuation/appraisal, and automated underwriting system findings.
- Reviews applications to ensure loan information is accurate and complete, meets all Veridian lending policies/guidelines, secondary market/investor guidelines/policies and regulatory guidelines.
- Reviews each loan file which includes the following: verify debt to income ratio, liabilities, assets, income and employment, credit score and history, AUS findings, appraisal or any other valuations.
- Recommends changes to Veridian underwriting guidelines, policies, and procedures when appropriate.
- Assists with researching and drafting policies/procedures/forms/products and assist in any necessary staff training and development.
- Mitigates risk to Veridian by completing a quality underwrite of each loan. Insures compliance with all relevant Veridian, investor, and regulatory guidelines.
- Works with staff on loan scenarios, income calculations, and questions in advance of a full file underwrite.
- Ability, availability, and willingness to work flexible hours to accommodate loan volume during periods of peak demand.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Member service focus.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive attitude that supports a team environment.
- Dependable and punctual; flexible during peak times.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Organizational skills.
- Self-motivated; ability to work without close supervision.
- Problem solving; analysis.
Limited travel expected.
Required Education And Experience
- High School Diploma.
- 3+ years of secondary market underwriting experience.
- 2+ years of experience reviewing Appraisals.
- 2+ years of experience analyzing personal and business tax returns.
- Thorough knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, VA, USDA and Mortgage Insurance guidelines and standards.
- Knowledge of loan procedures, related legal and regulatory requirements, and secondary market guidelines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Preferred Education And Experience
- Jumbo/Non-conforming Underwriting experience.
- Direct Endorsement (DE) certification/Computerized Home Underwriting Management System (CHUMS) ID.
- VA LAPP Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) certification.
Apply online: www.veridiancu.org/careers