First Community Trust– Trust Officer
First Community Trust is a national association and an independent trust company that offers trust, investment and retirement services. Our sole objective is to help our clients achieve their personal, financial and estate planning goals.
We are seeking a talented Trust Officer who will be responsible for the day to day administration of trusts, estates, agencies and IRAs. This individual will develop and grow long-term trusted relationships with clients and partners. Our ideal candidate will have a passion for service and helping people define and attain their financial goals.
*Located in Bettendorf in Ascentra Credit Union
- Effectively manages assigned accounts in a consistent manner that meets the needs of principals, beneficiaries and clients.
- Setup of new accounts and determines the amount of payments, tax liabilities and arranges accountings and distribution.
- Provides account administration and maintenance which includes special distributions, planning and approving expenditures.
- Ensures accurate administration of assigned accounts to ensure account meets all compliance standards.
- Manages account administration activities and responds and resolves client’s needs.
- Deeply understand clients needs to develop strategies that exceed clients’ expectations.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients to identify additional opportunities.
- Manage client relationships to generate innovative solutions and create an above and beyond experience.
- Actively calls on potential clients to identify needs and makes proposals for new business.
- Develop and maintain a referral network to build and grow relationships.
- Stay informed of new developments and offer new solutions to enhance services.
- Bachelor’s degree required or prior experience in related field.
- 3+ years’ experience within financial services or trust environment preferred.
- Ability to develop, create and grow relationships.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret various legal documents.
- Active in community and business organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills: The ability to influence, motivate and build relationships.
- Ability to help others resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Strong collaboration and leadership skills.
- Remain high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of problem solving and organizational skills.
- Limited travel or after-hours support may be required.
*Credit and criminal history verification will be required of all applicants.
If you have a passion for helping people meet their financial goals please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.