Title: Member Relationship Officer -Urbandale Branch
Reports to: Branch Manager Lacy Carpenter
Job Classification: Non-Exempt (Hourly)
This position will deliver an exceptional member experience by serving as a trusted financial partner to our members and their families. The position provides account information by phone or in person on a full range of credit union products and services, including loans. Takes and processes member loan requests and applications. Opens new accounts for members, resolves member issues and professionally handles the member’s daily needs. This position will also provide support and assistance to members and staff on IRA’s and card portfolio management. This position will serve as a back up to our Member Service Representatives.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurately and efficiently processes member loan requests and transactions.
- Exercises solid judgment and decision-making skills in compliance with internal credit union policy and procedures and applicable state and federal.
- Notifies applicants of loan decisions.
- Works closely with all lending staff to maximize average turnaround time and deficiency on all loans.
- Evaluates and underwrites loan applications and credit criteria.
- Qualifies as Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) and complies with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) registration process.
- Assist current and new members in opening new accounts and establishing membership
- Responsible for the day to day management of the credit and debit card portfolio including handling fraud cases, compromised card list, ordering new cards, closing old cards and maintaining up to date system data to ensure accuracy.
- Process GAP, Warranty and Debt Protection claims
- Processes transactions such as term share deposits, retirement savings plan contributions/withdrawals, wire requests, and night deposits.
- Redeems savings bonds
- Performs routine member transactions including deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, loan payments, shared branching transactions, gift cards, IRA transactions, coin machine transactions and any other member service transactions, as needed.
- Performs account maintenance for members who want to change their credit union products and services
- Offers Notary Service
- Balances cash and check transactions at the closing of each day
- Looks for cross-sell opportunities at all times, asking the member for additional business. Maximize opportunities to see Serve Credit Union products and services to benefit members and enhance the quality and depth of member relationships and profitability.
- Assures the financial expectations and needs of each member are promptly, accurately, and courteously fulfilled.
- Provides support to team members in resolving problems and member complaints in a timely manner.
- Evaluates and applies credit union policies and procedures. Ensures that the credit union is compliant with applicable credit union regulations and procedures, including state and federal laws and regulations set forth by the Iowa Division of Credit Unions, National Credit Union Administration and other applicable regulatory agencies.
- Remains calm, composed, tactful and respectful even in demanding situations.
- Consistently projects a motivated and positive attitude.
- Demonstrates dependability, honest, promptness and commitment to excellence.
- Displays tact and diplomacy, showing respect toward others’ opinions, and reflecting a team player approach.
- Orders checks and debit and credit cards for members
- Monitors our negative accounts and below par value
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Problem solver
- Ability to resolve and assist with staff and member complaints as they occur
- Detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to achieve sales targets and production goals
- Familiarity with industry’s rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational skills
- Results driven and member focused
- Ability to demonstrate and deliver effective management skills to motivate team members around Credit Union goals and philosophies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Serve Credit Union is a growing $67 million financial cooperative with 2 locations in the Des Moines Metro area. We serve over 5,000 members including Public Safety Professionals, Government Employees, School Employees and their families in 8 Central Iowa counties. We offer a full benefits package and competitive salary.
If interested in joining our team and making a difference in the financial lives of the members we serve, please send your resume and cover letter to:
Serve Credit Union Branch Managers
Or email email@example.com Attention: Lacy Carpenter & Brad Deheer