We are currently seeking a Marketing Specialist to increase engagement and awareness concerning the GICU brand among products, services, and community programs. Assists in the development, execution, and management of marketing campaigns and programs. Oversees all elements concerning community giving efforts at the Credit Union. Plans, budgets, and executes all Credit Union events and sponsorships.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am to 6pm. Maybe required to work occasional overtime, evenings and weekends for special events.
Location: 1509 Baltimore Drive., Ames, IA 50010
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Plans, manages, and executes elements of marketing plans, projects, and events. Establishes project plans and incorporates staff, vendors, and media. Attends marketing events and exhibitions as needed.
- Oversees community giving efforts to include GiveIowa, Community Giving Committee donations, team member donations, and sponsorships.
- Works with the Marketing department on coordination of campaigns and programs including research, development, execution and refinement. Maintains a solid understanding of the Credit Union's products and services, to help determine best course of action to accomplish campaign/program goal. Creates and distributes compelling content across all social media platforms and participates in monthly planning sessions.
- Develops and deploys custom communications to staff, members, and prospects, to promote products, raise awareness, and communicate new products and features.
- Maintains marketing related supplies, promotional items, and other collateral pieces. Determines replenishment needs and places orders accordingly.
- Reviews marketing programs regularly and modifies as needed. Ensures the integrity and quality of all marketing efforts.
- Manages other projects and tasks as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience: One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or other related field preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Courtesy, tact, and diplomacy are essential elements of the job. Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for purposes of giving or obtaining information, building relationships, or soliciting cooperation.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
3. Self-motivated and able to work independently.
4. Working knowledge of social media platforms.
5. Ability to collaborate with others and contribute towards team goals.
6. Keep apprised of marketing trends, best practices and new tools; present recommendations to the team.
Physical Requirements:While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls, reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. May be requested to work overtime, evenings and weekends for special program events.
Travel Requirements: Up to 40% for events or other work-related duties.
Valid drivers license needed for travel to special programs or events.
Work Environment: Work is performed in a standard office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level. May periodically travel to other branches. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greater Iowa is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran s