Affinity Credit Union is seeking an experienced accountant to join their team.
The accountant will support the financial management and operations of the credit union through the maintenance of accounting records and reports. The accountant must be able to perform accounting duties of moderate complexity in accordance with standard procedures and under moderate supervision.
The accountant must demonstrate an understanding of the business functions and transactions that drive general ledger account balances. Additional responsibilities include:
- Prepare and enter daily and monthly general ledger transactions.
- Complete daily, weekly and monthly general ledger reconciliations. Maintain and review general ledger accounts to ensure the accuracy of financial records including reconciliations and the clearing of outstanding items in a timely manner.
- Assure that member and internal inquiries are researched and resolved in a timely and accurate manner. Inform management of key operating issues affecting the department and the credit union.
- Prepare and pay all accounts payable for the credit union.
- Prepare reports, schedules and journal entries for month-end financial close.
- Assist the Chief Financial Officer with preparation of financial statements and other financial and statistical reports for use by management and the Board of Directors.
- Maintain regular contact with other departments to obtain information and/or to correct transactions.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Assist in gathering information for tax returns, including filing of monthly state sales tax returns.
- Assist Chief Financial Officer with evaluating, implementing, and adhering to GAAP accounting standards.
The ideal candidate will have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and a minimum of two to five years of credit union or bank accounting experience. Strong computer skills are important in this position. The candidate should be proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word and able to learn the credit union’s core processing system.
Please send your cover letter, resume, and salary history/requirements to: AffinityCUsearch@gmail.com.